New user from the UK

New user? Tell us about yourself!
wub

New user from the UK

Post by wub »

Hi all,

I've been lurking these forums for a few weeks while trying to fix an STe. I was given it a few years ago and it's been in storage for a while. It seems to have some problems and I found this site while trying to find out what might be wrong. I've found all the information here really helpful and thought it was about time I registered!

I had a few ST's back in the day and spent a lot of time trying to make games in STOS. I never got the hang of it and the ST's eventually got sold off. I've since had another go at learning to make games, with a Sam Coupe that I bought long before the prices went crazy, and I'd like to make ST versions of my Sam stuff. For closure!

I'm an electrician with part 1 of the electronic servicing C&G, so I'm not completely out of my depth here, but I'm way beneath the level of knowledge most of you have. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can :)
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New user from the UK

Post by rubber_jonnie »

:welcomewave:
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

UnderTheRain

Post by UnderTheRain »

Welcome :D
JezC

Post by JezC »

:swave:

Welcome to the forum!
Badwolf

Post by Badwolf »

Greetings!

BW
DFB1 Open source 50MHz 030 and TT-RAM accelerator for the Falcon
DSTB1 Open source 16Mhz 68k and AltRAM accelerator for the ST
Smalliermouse ST-optimised USB mouse adapter based on SmallyMouse2
FrontBench The Frontier: Elite 2 intro as a benchmark
Higgy

Post by Higgy »

@wub nice one on the Sam Coupe .

We were going to buy one back in the day when our Speccy died. But when we went to the computer shop to have a look and ask questions we saw an Amiga 500 running Drakken (also on Atari I think) and it was just another level.

I do love those days when you did not know everything, visiting a shop was magical as you saw stuff you never knew about. Plus the visible jumps in computing power was amazing.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
wub

Post by wub »

Thanks all!

@Higgy The Sam is a lot of fun but, in hindsight, I don't feel I made the wrong choice going for an ST instead. They released Sam at least 2 years too late. Like you say, the Amiga was already on a different level to any 8-bit machine by then. The Sam has been more fun as an adult, with the internet to explain all the bits that seemed like magic back in the day! :)

Return to “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”