Cyber Legends V3.0 ?? Any takers?

This chat forum will appear to guests and bots. IE will appear on search engines etc. If you do not want your appearing publicly then please use the original chat forum.
PhilC

Re: Cyber Legends V3.0 ?? Any takers?

Post by PhilC »

Just bumping this.

If we went back to Weston Favell which we could do, we would need a few more tables amongst other things.

I’m sort of working on a few ideas for next time as well, more details once I’ve had more of a think.
If it ain't broke, test it to Destruction.
rubber_jonnie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by rubber_jonnie »

After our meet today, I don't think the drive would be too bad, but I would need some notice regarding the date if it gets to that point, thanks.
Collector of many retro things!
800XL and 65XE both with Ultimate1MB,VBXL/XE & PokeyMax, SIDE3, SDrive Max, 2x 1010 cassette, 2x 1050 one with Happy mod, 3x 2600 Jr, 7800 and Lynx II
Approx 20 STs, including a 520 STM, 520 STFMs, 3x Mega ST, MSTE & 2x 32 Mhz boosted STEs
Plus the rest, totalling around 50 machines including a QL, 3x BBC Model B, Electron, Spectrums, ZX81 etc...
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

I'll come along. Probably fewer machines brought along though, and fewer Ataris as they're covered by other people.

Any chance of a wired Internet connection of some kind? I may bring a analogue phone to VoIP converter and a Raspberry Pi to act as an exchange. Can then plug in modems. Should be able to set up a 1200/75 gateway to Telstar for Prestel type services etc.
Intro retro computers since before they were retro...
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
Collection now with added Macs, Amigas, Suns and Acorns.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

Given enough notice we can probably sort out Ethernet and WiFi internet. I’d probably tweak the entry fee so we all paid that little bit towards it.

My thoughts of a theme were “the unusual suspects” slightly less common machines would be encouraged etc.
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

I have a few of those. :-)
ZX81->Spectrum->Memotech MTX->Sinclair QL->520STM->BBC Micro->TT030->PCs & Sun Workstations.
Added code to the MiNT kernel (still there the last time I checked) + put together MiNTOS.
PhilC

Post by PhilC »

stephen_usher wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:25 pm I have a few of those. :-)
I think you have enough to fill the entire hall Stephen ;)
stephen_usher

Post by stephen_usher »

Nah. My collection is small relative to many others.
mrbombermillzy

Post by mrbombermillzy »

PhilC wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:53 pm Just bumping this.
Unfortunately, Im a bit snowed under with real life issues ATM to have any presence here on the forum lately.

However, I did manage to have a look at a few hall options:

One that looked very nice was Medbourne pavilion in MK. However, at £40/50 per hour it was a bit too much.

Ive also looked at Moulsoe Parish Hall (conveniently just off of J14 of M1) and am waiting to hear back as to facilities/size.

Will let you know when I hear back from them.

If anyone knows of an inexpensive, large and easy to get to hall around this general area, please let us know. :)
veroli

Post by veroli »

I would certinaly be interested in coming along and try and help where i can
jwd

Post by jwd »

Fabulous this is being thought of earlier, Pixel Addict and the like do need alot of notice to give us a shout (missed it by a couple of days last time) so the earlier we can have something concrete the better.

I am happy to annoy as many media and 'shops' to attend. I'm sure Jakub (retro lemon) would like to come again.

and yes a larger venue would be ideal.

I wonder if Atari have any UK people that I can also badger . . . . :D

Return to “CHAT FORUM PUBLIC”