Bikerbob's H5 C1 build

Share your building progress here!
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bikerbob's H5 C1 build

Post by Icky »

Bikerbob wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:47 pm Any and all help is appreciated.
Not a problem. I got sidetracked yesterday and now away for work. I will definately get to this on Friday / Saturday and document before and after and hopefully show the elimination of noises.
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

Well this is my first post on my build in a while.
Icky did a great thread on all the fixes for the H5C1 build.. I am following that.
I also see since I first had these issues that the Audio mod from Exxos has been updated. The only mod I had there at the moment was the 100k resistor mod. Which I now see was an error, so I have changed that. and added the cap. I have not got to the further mod yet. Here are the pictures of before and after today.

audioorig.jpg
audioorig.jpg (199.35 KiB) Viewed 957 times
audionow.jpg
audionow.jpg (223.38 KiB) Viewed 957 times

Not really looking forward to the next thing.. cutting a trace not an issue, but desoldering a tiny SMD device and then resolding it on top of another.. that is going to be a challenge for me.

Fingers crosssed.

James
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

Well another day, another screw up.. I dont know how many times I looked at the picture, and said between 2nd and 3rd.. and I cut the wrong side of the trace?? looks like it is the same path though.. so I think I am ok.

Gezzzzzz

wrong.jpg
wrong.jpg (219.1 KiB) Viewed 926 times
fix1.JPG
fix1.JPG (93.8 KiB) Viewed 914 times
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Same track anyway.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (52.99 KiB) Viewed 920 times
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.
Icky
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Icky »

Bikerbob wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:50 pm Well another day, another screw up.. I dont know how many times I looked at the picture, and said between 2nd and 3rd.. and I cut the wrong side of the trace?? can anyone tell me if I am ok, or what I have to do please?

Gezzzzzz
As @exxos says - it's ok as its the same track so you are good.
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

Thanks exxos, I actually changed my post, included that pic, because I found that.. for some reason the edit did not save.. oh well.

ahhh helps if you save the edit! :)
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

Well, I am almost done.. this would be a very awesome recreated ST - except for Atari's most stupid DB 9 placement. OMG It has to be one of the main reason I love the MEGA, MEGASTE, TT soooo much.. lol..
I have not done the final midi noise on power rail fix, because I have to get to the component store, and I want to have a few things to buy, because I am buying min. qty on the components. Shipping is not worth while, so I will drive.. but to be honest, I hear no noise anymore. Congrats to all who figured it out.. if it was all you Exxos. THANK YOU.

SO my final build of this would have the Lightning ST, STorm, and cloudy in it. I have it all in now. looking good, and running fine in EMUTOS 1.1.1 - but I no longer can switch. Something in the way the board is done different to the original will not allow software or hardware switching using the STorm.

From everything I read from them.. I need to use the STorm to use the software switch.. I am also using a Lightning.. so I could try that.. and install a hardware switch to flip the tos, as long as I could flash it, it would still be super useful.

20221025_103651.jpg
20221025_103651.jpg (242.37 KiB) Viewed 874 times

That is the error I get when I run TOSwitch now. I am supposed to use either Lightning or STorm as the decoder, but not both. STorm is the only one I can use the software switch with. Anyone done this? it was almost a year ago the last time I talked about this.

James
Steve

Post by Steve »

The exxos crew are creating their own tos-switcher called FlashyClock, which they'd be able to advise you about. But for support on Lightning/Storm, you really should ask on their forum. I think you are the only person here with that combination. @czietz is probably the man who could offer you support.
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

Steve wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:14 pm The exxos crew are creating their own tos-switcher called FlashyClock, which they'd be able to advise you about. But for support on Lightning/Storm, you really should ask on their forum. I think you are the only person here with that combination. @czietz is probably the man who could offer you support.
Thanks Steve, I have done that already. As you point out, its a bit sad how small the community is that I am the only one that has put these in this board, but so far I think you are right.

James
exxos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by exxos »

Bikerbob wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:19 pm . Congrats to all who figured it out.. if it was all you Exxos. THANK YOU.
Glad we got there in the end. My bad for screwing up the thing in the first place :roll: to many late nights and such. I even remember looking at the schematic over a few days thinking something doesn't look right but couldn't think what it was. I even checked on the internet to verify what I had done was right.. Only silly me as 95% of diagrams on the internet are just plain wrong :roll: in my defence I've not done analogue audio for like 25 years I think :lol:
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/ All my hardware guides - mods - games - STOS
https://www.exxosforum.co.uk/atari/store2/ - All my hardware mods for sale - Please help support by making a purchase.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1585 Have you done the Mandatory Fixes ?
Just because a lot of people agree on something, doesn't make it a fact. ~exxos ~
People should find solutions to problems, not find problems with solutions.

Return to “H5 C1 USER BUILDS”