==============================================================================

                   Readme for Boulder Dash DTV (final version)

==============================================================================

This game runs with DTV2, DTV3 and normal C64 machines in PAL.
It also works in the enhanced 256 color mode under the vice+ emulator for DTV

==============================================================================

This ZIP contains the game in its compiled form "boulder_dtv.prg" and the
source directory "src". The source pictures and the gfx converter tool are
also in the "src" directory. 

==============================================================================
To build up the game from source you need :

-bash          (standard linux version should work)
-make          (standard linux version should work)
-gcc           (standard linux version should work)
-libsdl        (used because the gfx converter tool can be used interactive)
-libsdl_image  (used for not writing my own PCX converter)
-exomizer      (I used "exo20beta5")
-acme          (I used release 0.91)


For "exomizer" look here : http://hem.bredband.net/magli143/exo/
For "acme" look here: http://www.esw-heim.tu-clausthal.de/~marco/smorbrod/acme/
"libsdl" and "libsdl_image" are normal parts of linux ditributions. 

I build up this game under linux, perhaps building it under other OS is not
possible.
                    
The source is not very well documented because this was a project that I do
for fun only. But all differences are encapsulated with conditional instructions.
If you change line 27 to :

ORIGINAL = 1

then you get the original boulder dash (not really the original, this was a fixed
version for DTV done by Crossbow).

==============================================================================

New fixes and features of this version after the 101% version:

-game contains 360 levels now (new 20 levels from an old version I have done
  1988; look Game I/Cave J and following for levels with new effects done 
  by modifying the BD engine)
-bug of displaying 2 player score removed (bug of the original)
-bonus life AFTER solving a bonus level (bug of the original)
-not solvable levels are fixed (by modifying the engine, not the levels)
-selected start level will not be resetted (and stored after "game over")
-gfx bug after playing with "classic gfx" and then running "DTV gfx" fixed
-bug in setup screen fixed

==============================================================================

If you found another bug, let me know. You can contact me with the help
of the "Forum-64" or the help of the "CSDB".


                             Peiselulli/TRSI
